Sunday 29 January 2012

Toma una foto de...


...un carro

Like I said in my previous post, it has been a pretty good day for languages.

After tricking Ben into reading and writing English, with great success, I still had to come up with a plan to keep him from whining about how incredibly bored he was. (He had gone to see a friend down the street after he finished his writing, but his friend was out and so he came back and hung around us even grumpier than before...)

Dad gave him the camera and told him to go up to his room and take some pictures of his toys. He came back after half a minute with one photo of a teddy bear and two of a Beyblade stadium. And now I suddenly got the idea that I could use this game to practice Spanish words. I asked if he wanted to play and he agreed. 'Ok', I said,'go and take a picture of something...verde!' Ok, said he, and disappeared upstairs. A minute later he was back with a picture of a green part from a toy.



'Brilliant!', I said. After that I made him take pictures of something rojo, azul, amarillo, blanco, naranja, negro, marrón, gris and rosa, and he managed all of them on his own except marrón, when he needed a hint.
When we ran out of colours I made him take photos of a few things; leche, agua, lámpara,cama,carro,chaqueta and zapatos, which are words I knew he would know, plus a few new ones; hermano, hermana and papá.



Nic was paying close attention to all this and when Ben was done playing and had left the room he looked at me knowingly and said 'hey, you just made him practice Spanish and he doesn't even know. He just thinks it's a game!' ...'Can't you turn my homework into a game too, mum?' :) I told him I would another time.

1 comment:

  1. Excelente!! :D You are amazing, my love!
    And Nic's such a clever one, - hopefully you will honour your word...!! ;)

    ReplyDelete