Wednesday 4 January 2012

A stroke of genius... or rather an obvious thought to some.


So, yesterday it suddenly dawned on me that in my pursuit of making my kids more interested in learning Spanish I might actually ask them how they would prefer to learn! What a novel idea, right? I can't believe I haven't thought of it before :-P

It turns out Christi would prefer spelling tests (!) and even more shockingly Nicholas liked that idea too. I guess their school does a good job of brainwashing them, because they have weekly spelling tests in school from Y2 and up. I was sceptical at first but after considering it for a bit it's not that different to flash cards, which work a treat for me. Nic said he'd also like real life flash cards that you can actually hold in your hand! LOL. He's so young that he believes the electronic ones on the phone came first. I will make some, and maybe in pairs so we can turn it into a memory game as well :-)

Our Spanish breakfasts are not off to a flying start... This was day two and I forgot both yesterday and today...



On the plus side we watched some Spanish Pocoyo yesterday. My kids, with the possible exception of Ben, are a bit old for Pocoyo but the simple language makes it very useful anyway and I quite like it myself. I was really pleased with myself when Pocoyo ran out of water and I commented "No hay agua" and the narrator said the same thing two seconds later :-D Small victory! And I know Ben was listening intently because he thought Lula was the word for dog. It is in fact the name of the dog but I was happy that he was actively trying to learn. And then we had the opportunity to practice the word 'perro' :)

No comments:

Post a Comment