Saturday 9 July 2011

Reading



Last week I bought two new books for Nicholas, which Christi read first and loved and I'm sure Ben will come to enjoy too eventually. The books about Mr Gum are absolutely hysterical. I had intended for him to read them alone but I enjoyed them so much that I ended up reading (most of) them to him.

Today I went back to the book store to find book 3 and ended up getting book 5 too (unfortunately they didn't have book 4). On the way there we swung by the library to look for some English - Spanish childrens books as well.




One of the books we took out was Floppy's friends/Los amigos de Floppy. I wanted to read it to Ben but he insisted on English only so I ended up reading the Spanish bits on my own. :-) Nic and I read My Daddy is a giant/Mi Papá es un gigante together; he read the English part and I read the Spanish one. He would stop every so often to compare the words and at the end he went 'aha, so corazón is heart?!'. That kind of thing is exactly what I was hoping for. :-)

As a bonus we found two additional Mr Gum books at the library too, so now we have enough to tide us over for the next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment